Todays View

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Wife, doggo and I went for a walk in forrest nearby famous for its many old and big oaks. Following a footpath we reached the highest point and started the descent back to the car and suddenly wife stopped and whispered in delight: an elk! Sure enough, some 40 m away was a cow lying down chewing on some lunch. Moments later we spotted a second elk close by. We continued cautiously on the footpath which luckily didn’t bring us closer to the elks. Five minutes later three (!) elks were standing some 25 m from the footpath i.e. they had followed us - and the leader of the pack was a grumpy bull 😵 We decided that it would be wise to make leave the footpath and make a detour down a clearing. Two minutes later a not so amused elk bull was standing on said footpath staring at us. Wife, with doggo now in her arms, screamed and urged me to ”take cover” and we both ran in to the relative safety of huge birch, a victim of a recent storm. Mr Bull then trotted away with his mini-harem and we could relax for a moment. However, would we make the perilous walk back to the car? We did and my suggestion that the bull’s slightly hostile reaction was due to my bull-like appearance was met with scornful laughter. It was of course my fault by taking a picture of the elks…🙄

IMG 0315

Users who are viewing this thread